Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Technology Project Plan pt. 1

I plan to teach high school English.
The ideas I have for this Technology Project are using video recording for students to record each other acting out their interpretation of a text, for example a difficult poem, or a short story, or a section of a play.

How can the students make this interesting and engaging to other students?
What would they need? Some sort of recording device, such as the Flip video cameras, or an iphone.

I really like the idea of finding biases in media, and using images from different media sources like fashion magazines or advirtisements.   Students could use a document camera to project images on the board and analyze them in a presentation in front of the class.

I am sort of confused by this whole Technology Project, it seems very vague and broad. But these are my ideas so far on the project.

1 comment:

  1. I like your technology project idea :) This is a great way to get high school students out of their seats and learning! I feel like high school students stop wanting to "actively" learn when they are in high school... Most of them are "into" themselves and I think that you recording them would get them to participate! I know many students would love to see themselves on camera!....Some shy students won't but it will encourage them to practice, practice, practice, until they get most of their nerves out! English and Video Cameras paired together equal FUN!!! High school students need to remember that learning is still FUN, even when you are 17!

    ReplyDelete