Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Reflection #5

Reading my article for my Technology Literacy paper, I had an epiphany.

(Me Thinking.)
I am reading "Multimedia Technologies and Familiar Spaces: 21st-Century Teaching for 21st-Century Learners” by Judy Lambert and Cuper Pru. 

 The article talks about how students need technology, because their generation has grown up immersed in technology. However, they need to process the mass amount of information they have received in your classroom.  They need to analyze and reflect what they have learned and use critical thinking.  One of the examples was a blog.  Students can use blogs to analyze and reflect what they have learned in class.

BAM! My Epiphany, I am a student, in a technology class, and we write reflections.  Unconsciously I have been writing reflections in order to process the information I have learned in class.  I have been analyzing and reflecting in all these entries titled “Reflections.”  I had already followed the article’s advice for teachers to make student learning more experiential based, but I was a student.  I intended reading this article as a “Teacher” perspective, and yet I found myself the student, in a technology class, blogging about my reflections on what I have learned in Technology in Education.  I am analyzing, reflecting, and critically thinking. It just all seems so surreal. Like a weird cycle. Teacher becomes the Student, Student becomes the teacher…

I feel very… reflective.

2 comments:

  1. Love this. It's so true! We are not only learning to teach students to use technology, we are putting it into practice ourselves! I think the experience will be critical to the success of integration in our classrooms. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that connections are being made! The greatest strength of a teacher is being able to reflect.

    ReplyDelete