Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Reflection #2

Tonight we had our SMART Board presentations.  I felt unsure about my presentation.  I do not want to bore my students.  I need to find a way to make literature, reading, writing and grammar interesting to disengaged students.  Some possible ideas:
-Interactive Media
-Movie clips
-Documentary clips
-Pictures
Some other ways to engage students is to create fun games, act out a story or chapter from a book, etc.

Some things I need to work on, utilizing full features of SMART Board, making lessons more interactive or "flashy."

How can we as teachers make every student feel included and engaged on the SMART Board?
-Management of the board
-Taking turns
-Changing ativities
-Having flow in the lesson
-Transitioning between slides
-Calling on people to answer questions
-Having each student take notes on everythng during lesson

Features I liked using: Pens and Hi lighters, especially in english class, involves a lot of writing, can clearly hi light portions of the text that are important.

2 comments:

  1. Ashley, I think this is a worthwhile conversation to have next class. We can brainstorm some ideas for how to make these kinds of lessons more engaging for all students. I have some ideas, but I'm sure your classmates do also! Your presentation was good and it is so great to see your honest reflection. That is what will make you a wonderful teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the hi-lighter function of the SMARTBoard, and how you can make notes with the pens! I think that these will both be useful in an English class. I think that some of other things, like movie or sound clips can also be useful and engaging. Some of my favourite English class projects were ones we didn't use technology at all really, so I can see where it would be rather difficult to incorporate a lot of this. I always liked tangible projects that I could share, but things like a class blog could seem tangible in that it could be shared.

    I think you'll make a good teacher!

    ReplyDelete